Sage 50 accounting could not be started
Sage 50 is one of the most popular accounting software among small and medium business. It is a business management subscription based software which was formerly known as ‘Peachtree Accounting’. This Sage Group product helps in managing finances, invoices, billing, inventory, etc. Its is a user-friendly software but under some situations user might come across some technical errors. Error like “Sage 50 accounting could not be started” is one of the most common error where a user will problem in running Sage software. It is similar to Sage 50 error which is Sage 50 Server Busy. To resolve this error a user can either contact the Sage customer support by calling them on their toll free phone number +1-844-313-4857 or try solution of error.
Error: Sage 50 accounting could not be started
This error is basically exists in Sage 50 accounting software. When users encounter this error, they will receive following message:
Error: “Sage 50 accounting could not be started……”
It basically occurs in Windows operating system and also when pervasive file is missing from their software. User will receive a message to restart their system.
The causes for this Sage 50 accounting could not be started are:
- Pervasive not installed.
- Damaged Pervasive file in your system.
- Sage 50-U.S. Edition is not installed.
- Pervasive is blocked by UAC
- Problem with configuration of firewall installed in your system.
Sage 50 accounting could not be started Solutions
This error can be resolved in different ways. Here are two ways by which you can resolve Sage 50 accounting could not be started error.
- Step I: Verify Sage 50 is installed in Server.
- Click on Windows +R
- Type “Appwiz.cpl” in search bar and click OK.
- Open Sage 50 Accounting version.
- Step II: Manually Re-install Pervasive
- Click Windows+R.
- “Run” dialog box will appear on screen.
- In search bar type “Appwiz.cpl” and click OK.
- A list of programs will appear.
- Search Pervasive in that list.
- Select it and click on Uninstall.
- Re-install Pervasive again.
- Check compatibility issues in system.
- Start your system.
- Right click on Sage icon and click on properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab and “Uncheck” the check box which is present next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Place check mark on check box which is on left side of “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Remove check mark from check box, if UAC is enabled.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Check for Data Path Permissions.
- Start Pervasive service in Related Resources.
- Reinstall software using “Run as Administrator”.
- Give access to installer which is usually located at C:\Sage\Sage50_20xx_x\
- Right click on file Maint.exe and click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Click on “Repair” option when dialog box appears.
- Complete the installation.
The Sage 50 accounting could not be started error can be resolved by any one of the solutions mentioned above. If any user still has some confusion regarding solutions mentioned above, they can contact Sage customer support by calling on their toll free phone number +1-844-313-4857.
What is sage.mysupportphonenumber.com?
Sage is a easy to understand software but under some situations, user come across some technical errors. In those situations those users try to resolve errors by solutions provided by Sage or contact customer care. When a user is unable to get in touch with Sage customer support, they look for other alternative. One such alternative is sage.mysupportphonenumber.com To contact them you will have to call on their toll free technical support phone number +1-844-313-4857.