How to Fix Sage 50 Error 1327: Invalid Drive?
Sage 50 is a fantastic accounting software which is created for small and medium sized industries. It supports the growing business in managing the finance account in a more organized and efficient way. Sage 50 is a renowned accounting software in the present time. The users don’t need any technical training to operate this tool. It is a user friendly software and easy to use by everyone. Well, it is a fantastic and wonderful software. While using this software, the customer may encounter multiple errors such as Sage 50 error 3110, Sage error 1327 and other errors. The customer can contact the Sage 50 technical support number +18443134857 for any help.
Causes of Sage Error 1327
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download of Sage 50 complete accounting software.
- Damaged and corrupted in Windows registry from a latest Sage accounting software
- Due to malware or virus infection which is the reason for corrupted wind
- ows system files.
- Mistakenly or maliciously deleted important files.
Section 1: Restart the system
- Restart the system and try to open the software. Restart perv
- Check the multi – support environment. The user needs to close the software before starting the new task.
- If the error still arises, the user needs to restart their system.
- Restart the computer as well as restart the server.
- If the file was open at the time access software, there may be possibilities that their file has been corrupted and damaged.
- When task completed, please try to reopen it.
Section 3: Repair and fix the damaged file due to occurrence of Sage 50 Error 1327
- The user needs to rename the file and select it to run and fix or repair errors on the server.
- The user needs to follow each step to repair and fix the error. It is recommended that they need to follow complete process step by step.
- At this place, the user will view the option, so as to search company file. They need to select and fix-repair it.
- Before completing this task, the user needs to restore a backup file on the desktop for the safety of their data. After saving this file, they can delete the company data folder and company data file. Always remember that backup file should be saved on your folder.
Section 5: Disable IPv6
Some common causes include:
- Server being rebooted
- Network cable damage
- Other network software interfering
- VPNs being used
- Wireless networks
- A bad NIC sending junk data
- Network Interface Cards (NIC) is going into hibernation mode
- Network router is unplugged
After performing all the steps with solutions, if the user still faces the same error on the computer, the user can call on our toll free number +1-844-313-4857. The Sage 50 technical support team is always prepared for any assistance and support to the customer or chat with Sage 50 support chat team and get your Sage issue resolved.