Sage 50 Error Connecting To Database Overview
Sage 50 is a business management software which was formerly known as Peachtree Accounting software. It is a user friendly desktop accounting software basically used by small and medium scale industries. It has advanced tools which helps in all your financial and accounting needs. Sage 50 is one of the most used bookkeeping software but sometimes users can come across some minor errors such as “Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database”. It is quiet similar to Sage 50 Error Server Busy as user is having problem with their server or system. To resolve this error user will have to try the solution mentioned below. They can also contact Sage customer support by calling on their toll free number +1-844-313-4857.
Error: Sage 50 is unable to connect to its database
Connecting to Data base is the error which users generally encounter while they are working on Sage 50 software. When a user faces this error, they cannot open any file. Users will receive the following message:
Error: “Cannot open company, there is an error connecting to a database”
This generally happens when a user is trying to open any data file. There are various reasons which are responsible for this error like problem in server computer or ODBC issues, etc.
Sage 50 Error Connecting To Database Solutions
To resolve this Sage 50 error, Sage has provided a number solutions. You just have to follow the steps mentioned below:
Solution I: The data files resides in C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\)
- Relocate the .SAJ folder and .SAI file outside of C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\).
- Right click on SAJ folder.
- Click on “Properties” option.
- Uncheck the “Hidden” and “Read-only” checkboxes.
- Go to “Security Tab”.
- Make sure that all Groups or Usernames which are listed have Full Control access rights.
- Click OK.
- Click on SAJ folder and open it.
- Delete the file process .pid
Solution II: Check ODBC Issue
- Check whether ODBC is installed in your system.
- To check, you will have to go to Programs and Features or Add Remove Programs.
- If your system is missing it, then Install ODBC by browsing to C drive (C:\Sage\Sage 50 Accounting <version>\BIN\MySQLODBC\)
- Now run the mysql-connector-odbc-commercial-<version>.exe file in your system.
What is sage.mysupportphonenumber.com?
Sage is one of the best accounting software but on few occasions users can come across some technical errors. To resolve this errors they have provided solutions or they can also contact Sage customer support. But there are a few instances where a user is unable to contact Sage customer support, so they look for its substitutes. One such option is to contact sage.mysupportphonenumber.com. They are Sage consultant who provide sage support to Sage users worldwide. To get in touch with them you just have to give a call on Sage Technical Support Phone Number +1-844-313-4857.